Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hello, world

Hello, hello! Is there anybody out there? Anybody like me? Are there any brides out there getting ready to get married... (*gasp*) again? The Wedding Industry seems to gloss over the fact that many of us have been married before, and despite failing at it (too honest?... too bad!), we're finding the hope and courage to try again.

While many of our challenges are no different than any other bride's (see: family dramas, dress sagas, woe-is-me-I-can't-decide struggles), we do have unique ones. How do I find peace with my past failings? Is another big wedding appropriate? What if he's never been married, but I have? How do I deal gracefully with the memories of my first wedding? Can I, should I, must I wear a veil?

I don't know. Do you? I will be figuring it out as I embark on this journey with my (new) beloved, eyes wide open (and heart racing), knowing well what personal emotional tragedies might befall us but forging ahead all the same.

Hi, my name is Marisa and I am a Repeat Bride.

No comments: