Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wedding dreams... one picture

Somewhere along the line I got the impression that if we were limited by time and budget, we (read: I) wouldn't be able to get caught up in wedding planning. We'd have to prioritize, be practical, and not get carried away. That's me. Practical. Except when I'm not, of course.

Now that we're on pause, I have plenty of time to think and no reason to stress, and I'm trying to get back to what I imagined our wedding would be.

I wanted vintage lace, and a classic getaway car, and a bunch of dressed up people hanging out in a super casual setting like our backyard. I wanted a picture of me lounging in a garden chair holding my husband's hand. He'd be wearing a suit with the tie loosened and I'd be in a glamorous (yet elegant and perfectly appropriate) dress, and our hands would be loosely entwined while we laughed with our friends. There would be martinis. And finger foods. We'd be surrounded by the glow of candlelight, the gentle laughter of our friends and family (ahem, loud hilarity), and the love and support of our people. That picture, the one I just described, would be in black and white, and we'd blow it up and frame it. Our grandchildren would see it and not notice it until they considered the wedding pictures they wanted. They would want one like ours.

What pictures are on your list? Are you specifying quasi-candid shots like this one?

No comments: