Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Can you be in love with stationery?

I got my order from Paper Source today, and I'm. In. Love. Also, about to kill my cat for trying to walk all over it (not really... it's not his fault I spread it all out to make googoo eyes at it).

The "Gravel" envelopes are just as serious as I'd hoped, and the "Cement" cards and paper are calm and neutral. Love. The "Starlight Sapphire" (gag, name) inserts are just a little bit shiny, and together they form one serious image. In contrast to the handwritten invites we decided on, this is just perfection!

I'm still struggling a bit with the wording. The stationery is nice and serious, the handwritten invite lends a personal touch... so how formal should the wording be? I think it would be silly to handwrite "The honor of your presence is requested at the wedding of {my man's full name} and {my full name}" when we're doing the inviting and we're handwriting said invite. On the other hand, "Come join us to celebrate" is so, well, simple. I know, I know, that's what I was going for, but I also want people to know how important it is to us that they be a part of our celebration, because we love them and they love us.

I'm overthinking, aren't I? Did anyone else feel that formal invites were too much for their casual affair?

No comments: